ALL TRADES QUEENSLAND IS COMMITTED TO HELPING AUSTRALIA STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID-19!
ALL TRADES QUEENSLAND IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
How are we helping our hosts?
With the Commonwealth government recently announcing several complex stimulus packages to assist businesses during the pandemic, we want to inform our hosts that we are currently applying for the packages.
ATQ has had many requests for information regarding the various Government apprentice stimulus packages around availability and eligibility. I have gathered relevant information and ATQ has taken legal and financial advice to assist apprentice hosts and how we propose to work through the wage subsidy , its eligibility for them and once we have a clear understanding of the subsidy, how we can maximise the benefit for them .
- Business size to be eligible is 19 or less Full Time Employees (FTE’s). In the case of GTO’S like All Trades Queensland providing apprentices, the eligibility is the ATQ host has 19 or less FTE’s. FTE’s do not include contractors or apprentices from the GTO being ATQ. Host can be a sole trader.
- Apprentice is in a STA approved training contract, employed by ATQ and hosted as of 1st March 2020. (All ATQ apprentices are in a STA approved training contract).
- Evidence for apprentice working must be provided to the Australian Apprentice Support Network (AASN) by way of payslips. This will be provided by ATQ.
- The payment is up to $7000 per apprentice per quarter for eligible employers. ATQ will pass on all subsidy payments to eligible hosts. The mechanism of payment is to be at the directive of the GTO. A written statement confirming the amount of payment and the method of distribution will be sent to the host employer. The payment is made in arrears, expectations are the payments will start at the end of May, dependant on Government distribution.
- If you have hosted more than one apprentice during the eligible period, you may receive payment for each apprentice if eligible.
To enable ATQ to act swiftly on the application of this incentive please email email@example.com to confirm your eligibility by detailing your:
- Business name and ABN
- Name of apprentice you hosted, and dates hosted. (Even if prior to the 1st of March but after 1st January 2020)
- Number of FTE’s employed by your business as of 1st March 2020.
ATQ appreciates your custom and patience while we finalise details and eligibility of this incentive.
Regarding the Job keeper Package, we have a team at ATQ who have dissected the guidelines for eligibility released by the Australian Government. ATQ has registered for the Job keeper Package. ATQ are awaiting confirmation from the Australian Tax Office on eligibility.
If you have any enquiries in relation to the Supporting Apprentices and Trainees package please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All Trades Queensland is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of its’ workforce including employees, apprentices/trainees, sub-contractors, students, hosts, visitors and the community.
All Trades Qld is particularly proactive and vigilant in reducing the impact of COVID-19. We are continuously monitoring the advice and guidelines directed by the State and Federal Governments.
Everyone is united in adhering to all health advice and directives diligently, to sustain a healthy and safe workplace in this unique environment.
WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS AND WE ARE READY TO HELP YOU CONTINUE YOUR BUSINESS AND EDUCATION.
ATQ have adjusted and adapted accordingly, to operate our business through these unique times, not only to support our clients’ business but to also ensure that we continue providing a high-quality education to our apprentices/trainees, students and internal staff.
Our ATQ Field Officers are providing regular contact with our hosts and apprentices to ensure we are delivering a superior service.
All Trades Queensland has a dedicated COVID-19 Taskforce ensuring everyone is proactive in monitoring and managing the evolving COVID-19 situation.
Please contact our office on 13 18 30 for all your enquiries and you will be directed to the person you need to speak to.
WORKPLACE HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELLBEING
At All Trades Queensland, the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees is paramount and of highest priority.
ATQ has implemented and actioned the following measures to help minimise the spread of
- Developed a COVID-19 company policy and procedures including infection control measures
- Prepared a structured response plan
- Set up COVID-19 response team: to manage people who are calling in sick; monitoring of pre-screen declarations before apprentice/student placement; general support
- Expanded sanitation procedures, including increased cleaning schedules (daily) and a ‘deep clean’ of both ATQ campuses/offices (Shailer Park and Banyo). We have also provided sanitisers (wall mounted and hand) throughout the campuses. Hand washing facilities have been upgraded and increased. Other relevant PPE and cleaning products including disposable gloves are available for staff to use
- Educating and communicating with, employees on all matters related to COVID-19:
- Internal staff have completed the online Infection Control Training, offered by the Australian Government
- All new inductees will complete a COVID-19 specific induction before placement
- A ‘COVID-19 Pre-screen Declaration’ is being sent to Apprentices/Trainees and Students on a fortnightly basis. This form is monitored by our COVID-19 Taskforce
- Weekly communication is being sent to all employees, that includes the latest alerts and information communicated by the Australian Government; contact links and numbers of COVID-19 specific authorities and support services; information (general information and contact details) for wellbeing and mental health.
- Posters have been placed throughout our offices to educate and inform everyone of best practices for hand & respiratory hygiene, as well as social distancing and what symptoms to look out for.
- Adhering to social distancing guidelines:
- Most of our internal staff are working from home. Occasionally specific staff are required to go to our offices and sites in order to continue providing our services effectively
- Those staff who attend our offices and sites adhere to the social distancing and hygiene rules, always.
- Workstations are spaced out accordingly
- Areas including reception are clearly marked for spacing requirements
- Virtual meetings are in place
- Contactless delivery instructions and handling procedures are in place
- Support for employees (wellbeing and mental health): ATQ have a dedicated Mentor on call 24 hours/day; our Workforce Officers are available anytime for their apprentices and trainees; COVID-19/WHS specific taskforce is in place to provide information and advice to all. All employees are regularly reminded about support contacts including
MATES in Construction and our EAP partner Converge International.
- Expand digital workplace resources: to support internal staff, students and apprentices.
- Keep the pipeline moving: offering continuous support to employees and customers alike. The ATQ team is here to help.
- Be part of the broader solution: adhering to and responding to government authorities and associated industry bodies to ensure a high quality and rapid response/ support to employees and customers.
General information and resources:
Common symptoms of COVID-19 coronavirus include:
- a cough
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
If you are sick and believe you might have COVID-19, check your symptoms using healthdirect’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Symptom Checker: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/symptom-checker/tool/basic-details
Protect others and stop the spread
We can all help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Australia.
To protect others, you must:
- practise good hygiene
- practise social distancing
- follow the limits for public gatherings
- understand how to self-isolate if you need to
If you have a confirmed case, you must isolate yourself to stop the virus spreading to other people.
For information on COVID-19 coronavirus, contact 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit www.health.qld.gov.au/coronavirus.
The Australian Government’s Department of Health website offers regular, ongoing updates:
National Coronavirus Helpline
Looking after your mental health
Prioritising your mental health is important in difficult times.
If you are feeling worried or anxious about COVID-19 there are steps you can take. Find out more at Head to Health’s COVID‑19 support page.
MATES in Construction