As the number of coronavirus cases rise across Australia, the level of anxiety within the community is increasing. Feelings of worry and unease can be expected following a stressful event, such as the recent declaration of a global pandemic, however, it is important that we learn to manage our stress before it turns to more severe anxiety and panic.
Take a look at the attached information sheet from the Australian Psychological Society.
This information sheet outlines some useful strategies which can help both adults and children cope with the stress or anxiety experienced as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.
To help encourage a positive frame of mind, it is important to look after yourself. Everybody practises self-care differently with some
- maintaining good social connections and communicating openly with family and friends
- making time for activities and hobbies you enjoy
- keeping up a healthy lifestyle by eating a balanced diet, exercising regularly, getting quality sleep and avoiding the use
- of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs to cope with stress
- practising relaxation, meditation and mindfulness to give your body a chance to settle and readjust to a calm state
– DON’T COME TO WORK IF YOU ARE SICK: if you have any flu-like symptoms or you have come into close contact with a suspected or confirmed case, seek medical advice from your GP or 13 HEALTH; contact your Manager to advise and discuss working from home arrangements. You must complete the Working from Home Request and checklist, implemented by HR (see email sent by HR 31.03.2020).
For daily updates, please visit:
– Australian Government Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
Protect others and stop the spread
We can all help slow the spread of COVID-19.
To protect others you must:
- practise good hygiene
- practise social distancing
- follow the limits for public gatherings
- understand how to self-isolate if you need to
Please call us, if you have any questions or just to have a chat.
Have a wonderful day 😊